Sunday, January 1, 2017

Update and Happy New Year!

Hey, folks!

HAPPY NEW YEAR! It has been quite some time since I last wrote a blog post, and what a better day to start writing than New Years Day, right?!  I thought I would update you on where life and work has taken me over the past two years.

At the beginning of 2015, I was awarded my national and state licensure to work as a Speech Language Pathologist (SLP) in Florida, U.S.A. Here are the links to read about how to transfer degrees/licenses internationally and obtaining state licensure in America.

For the past two years I have been working in a preschool/outpatient facility, providing therapy for the communication and feeding needs of children with a range of complex communication needs. This role has been both challenging yet rewarding, and the experiences I have obtained have been immeasurable on both a professional and personal level.

My Permanent Residency status is now unconditional, and I am ready to apply for my U.S. Citizenship in March of 2017 so that I can become a Dual Citizen of Australia and America. As anyone who has moved internationally would know, the road to Citizenship is a long and grueling process, but I am hopeful the results will be all worth it! Here is the link to read about the different types of U.S. Visa's you need for work and travel.

My husband and I have been blessed to have had the opportunities/time to travel, both locally and internationally, over the past two years. Destinations have included China, South Korea, Australia, The Smoky Mountains (Tennessee), Key West (Florida), Zion National Park (Utah), Bryce Canyon National Park (Utah), and our most recent camping trip along the Southeast coast through the states of South Carolina and Georgia.  Despite back injuries, we have really taken a liking to hiking and exploring The Great Outdoors, which I hope we continue to do throughout the New Year.  

Please feel free to reach out to me with any comments or questions regarding working internationally, transferring degrees/licenses internationally, or just to say "hi". I would LOVE to connect with more friendly faces who are travelling along this weirdly enjoyable journey called "life".  In the meantime, as I reflect back on the year that was, here is my favorite photo from 2016:

Zion National Park, Utah, U.S.A. 

Sending peace, love, and happiness to you all in 2017,

Maree



No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! Thanks for your interest. I look forward to hearing from you.