Sunday, March 15, 2015

Reaching Out on Social Media

Hello, world!

My train of thought today veers from the heavy topics to a more light-hearted one. 
I thought I would share my favorite social media platforms for reaching out to others who have moved/worked abroad or those who are thinking of doing so, primarily in the field of Speech Language Pathology (SLP). I will continue to add to this list as I discover more resources.

Facebook Groups:
  • SLPs Going Abroad - a special shout out to this group, administered by an SLP who moved abroad. I have been fortunate to connect with some really awesome SLP's who are 'in the same boat as me' (i.e. have/are experiencing the trials and tribulations of transferring their degrees internationally). 
  • Speech Pathologists at Large
  • Travel Therapists

Twitter Hashtags:
  • #MoveSLP - this hashtag was created by @WeSpeechies administrators.
  • #WeSpeechies - this hashtag was created by Australian SLP's. The weekly chats have enabled me to connect with an informative group of SLP's from all over the world.
  • #SLPeeps - this hashtag enabled me to link up with a supportive bunch of American SLP's, who I had the honor of meeting face-to-face during the 2014 ASHA Convention in Orlando, Florida. 
#SLPeeps at #ASHA14.   Photo credit to LessonPix.

Blogs:

I have stumbled across a few blogs about traveling SLP's within the United States (nationally):

I have not come across any blogs about SLP's traveling/working abroad (internationally). As I blindly navigated my way through this process, I thought this area needed some attention. That is why I started this blog.

An array of blogs and websites appear when you Google search ' working abroad'. I would love to hear from anyone in any line of work who has traveled and worked abroad. It is always inspirational to hear other people's stories.

What have you used to get in touch with people around the world?


Have a great day, 

Maree

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! Thanks for your interest. I look forward to hearing from you.